4.16.2011

20 Minute Egg Souffle

I made a souffle for breakfast this morning. It was the first I had made, possibly the first I had ever eaten (not usually big on eggs). While it didn't "rise" as much as I would have liked, it was still fluffy and pretty tasty if I do say so myself. It had a satisfying savory flavor with just a hint of sweetness. It also made the perfect amount for 2 servings. Unfortunately I do not have a picture to show you, but that aside, here's what I did:

What you'll need:
2 eggs (calculate about 1 egg per person, or more for a more generous serving)
about 1/3 - 1/2 milk
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
cracker crumbs
1/2 tsp. sugar

How it works:
Preheat oven to 400. Whisk together eggs, milk and cheese. Pour into baking dish or 2 individual souffle cups (Mine did stick a little bit, so you may want to lightly oil or flour the bottom and sides of the dish). Sprinkle with cracker crumbs and sugar. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the top is a golden brown.  Super easy dish that can be made on a busy morning...ours was busy this morning, and this worked perfectly! Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment